Have you seen this dreaded error on your WordPress blog? Do you host with GoDaddy? Do you have a cPanel? If so, here’s your step by step solution on how to increase the max upload size.
WordPress media/image upload error: exceeds the maximum upload size for this site
- Log into GoDaddy
- From your name drop down > My Account
- Under web hosting > Manage
- click green cPanel Hosting button
- You’ll be logged into your cPanel at this point. Scroll down to the Software section and click Select PHP version.
- Click the link to Switch to PHP Options
- The last setting is Upload_max_file_size. Click on the gray 2MB and choose a larger number for your max.
- I chose 32MB but you can choose something smaller. Click Apply after you make the change then Save at the bottom.
And if you made it all the way through and this solved your problem, please drop me a comment! It’s so frustrating to start up a new website and run into this right off the bat!