For those eagle eye folks, you may have noticed the H is missing from my domain name now. It used to be CaroleenHB.com and now it’s CaroleenB.com.
You wouldn’t think one little letter would be such a big deal but it actually is. I had to migrate my WordPress site to another which entailed:
- Adjusting my CPanel upload limits
- Editing my .htaccess file
- Setting up FTP access for my old and new sites (to migrate image files)
- Using plugins for bundling the sql database and other core WordPress files
- Two calls to GoDaddy tech support for hitting my I/O limits (yep, I have cheap shared hosting)
GoDaddy charges $100 for migration services and I’m cheap. Plus the plugin I chose had limits for the free version and I didn’t want to pay for the paid version (note the cheap comment). So I used the workaround and had to FTP my own files to stay under the plugin limits.
In the end, it took most of a Saturday afternoon but I sorted it out. Plus I flexed some ol’ troubleshooting muscles that I haven’t used in a while. It was worth the savings 🤑
Welcome to the new site! I hope you come back and visit again soon!