It’s day 2 on The Plan by Lyn-Genet Recitas. We both survive the first day although Joe already deviates by eating lunch out today. I will have to deviate for BBQ party day too! Lyn-Genet says in the book that life still happens!
- I don’t feel hungry. There are times in the day (like when I walk in the door from work) that I’m usually starving and I’m not. It reminds me that I may have been eating from boredom or habit.
- I keep thinking I won’t have enough food because it’s meat-less but I always feel full after the meals.
- The food is actually tasty despite being low sodium. My big fear is bland and tasteless without salt and it’s not true.
I’m continuing my food prep and disorganized book gripe. We have to prepare for days 4-6 at this point so I have to drag myself (not because I’m tired, but because I hate going into the grocery store) to get more groceries. I spend $67 to fill in the gaps for our days 4-6 menu and that doesn’t include the chicken or protein.
Also because I’m so tired of flipping around in the book (see the sticky tabs all over it), I break down and make a spreadsheet. I know there’s some type of pattern but I can’t see it because it’s never just laid out together. I don’t put in every quantity but I put the main food items. As the plan progresses, you start making more choices as you find out which foods are friendly or reactive so I stopped my sheet at day 8 (for now). It still helps tremendously for putting together my grocery list and knowing what is coming up next.
Food prep makes a TON of dishes. Thankfully we carry our lunches mostly in Ziploc bags but at home, there are pots and pans and containers galore!
|1||flax granola, blueberries, coconut milk||carrot ginger soup, sunflower seeds||broccoli, orange oil||Mixed greens, 1/2 pear, pumpkin seeds||apple|
|2||flax granola, blueberries, coconut milk||carrot ginger soup, sunflower seeds||broccoli, orange oil||Mixed greens, 1/2 apple, 1/4 avocado||1/2 pear||almonds|
|3||flax granola, blueberries, coconut milk||spicy vegetarian soup, 1/2 cup chickpeas||baby romaine, 1/4 avocado, pumpkin seeds, carrots||almonds|
|4||flax granola, approved fruit, coconut milk||roasted broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onions||spinach, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds||carrots almond butter (or 1/2 fruit)||sunflower seeds|
|5||flax granola, approved fruit, coconut milk||cream of broccoli soup*||arugula, carrots, 1/4 avocado, goat cheese||1/2 apple||rye cracker, raw almond butter|
|6||flax granola, approved fruit, coconut milk||cream of broccoli soup* (or broccoli)||baby romaine, zucchini, goat cheese||1/2 fruit||almonds||rye cracker, raw almond butter|
|7||flax granola, approved fruit, coconut milk||roasted squash, kale, manchego, pumpkin seeds||1/2 apple||salt free chips|
|8||flax granola, approved fruit, coconut milk||cream of broccoli soup*||open face sandwich, baby romaine, goat cheese, carrots, avocado||kale chips|
|1||roasted broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onions, spicy coco sauce||sautéed kale||beet carrot salad, pumpkin seeds|
|2||roasted broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onions, 1.5 cups basmati rice, pumpkin seeds||sautéed kale||beet carrot salad, pumpkin seeds|
|3||chicken – Italian and orange||roasted broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onions||mixed greens|
|4||chicken – mango salsa||broccoli and onions, orange oil||arugula, carrots, 1/4 avocado||1 oz choc or cinnamon fruit|
|5||chicken – apricot glaze||zucchini and onion, basil, orange oil, manchego||arugula||beet carrot salad, sunflower seeds||1 oz choc or cinnamon fruit|
|6||protein||roasted squash, kale, manchego||1 oz choc or cinnamon fruit|
|7||chicken – lemon garlic sauce||sauteed swiss chard, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onions, orange oil||1 oz choc or cinnamon fruit|
|8||protein||sauteed swiss chard, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onions, orange oil||spinach||1 oz choc or cinnamon fruit|
*We substitute cream of broccoli soup for spicy vegetarian soup because we initially follow the internet materials which guided us to make this one opposite the book.
Day 2 Stats:
- Morning weight: 120.0 (down 0.6 pounds from yesterday)
- Morning temperature: 96.6 (up 0.3 degrees from yesterday)
- flax granola with blueberries, coconut milk
- carrot ginger soup with sunflower seeds
- broccoli with orange oil
- mixed greens, 1/2 apple, 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 pear
- beet and carrot salad with pumpkin seeds
- roasted vegetables with spicy coco sauce
- brown basmati rice
- 6am 16 oz dandelion tea
- 7am 16 oz water with lemon
- 12pm 16 oz water with lemon
- 6pm 16 oz water with lemon
- sunflower seeds are roasted and salted
- ratio of brown sugar and salt are higher than called for in the spicy coco recipe
- dandelion tea happened before the water with lemon in the morning
- didn’t finish water until 8pm instead of 7:30pm
Snack + Lemon for water
Dinner – It doesn’t seem like this will fill you up, but it does!