It’s day 3 on The Plan by Lyn-Genet Recitas. This is the first day we eat meat and the last day of the cleanse (YESSSSSS!!!!!!). The chicken portions are half to ease us out of the cleanse phase. Tomorrow starts the testing!
- I miss gum but I don’t miss food. I didn’t want to risk chewing gum because it has aspartame and other sweeteners that cause reactions. I’ve substituted gum chewing with even MORE flossing and toothpick time. How is this possible?
- I thought I would be jealous of people eating food (especially sweets) but I’m not (covered on page 64, I didn’t believe it when I read it!). I see a woman eating a chocolate ice cream cone and I think I’ll want it. Interestingly, I think about wanting it but don’t actually want it. It’s hard to understand but I guess my body isn’t craving it. I normally eat SO MUCH SUGAR and when I eat it, I just want more and more and more. Since I’ve barely had much besides the natural sugars in blueberries and roasted vegetables and the spicy coco sauce, I’ve not been craving it.
- I also thought I’d think about this plan and food constantly but I don’t. Since my body isn’t have sugar cravings ALL THE TIME, I just eat during my meals and then move on. Note: before the plan, I didn’t think about food much either but I figured this would heighten my interest.
- According to Joe, I have a lot more energy during these three days because I’ve not been weighed down with upset stomach. I think we’re onto something!
- Another surprise is tonight’s chicken is ONLY seasoned with Italian herbs and orange zest, NO SALT. I’m convinced this will be bland and boring but it’s not. I think because we have not been consuming as much salt, I’m also not craving it similar to not craving sugar.
- Usual gripes about the book quantities being confusing. It’s little stuff but the quantity is listed in day 3 but not day 4. If you want to reference it, you have to flip back to day 3. I know, I know – the quantities aren’t as critical but still, I wish it were clearer.
Per the chart, my weight goes down for day 3 which means I’m non-reactive to almonds. I passed for almonds!!!!
|Day||Date||Weight AM||Change||Temp AM||Change||Hours slept|
- Flax granola with blueberries, coconut milk
- Cream of broccoli soup (substituted instead of spicy vegetarian soup) with 1/2 cup chick peas
- Baby romaine lettuce, 1/4 avocado, pumpkin seeds, carrots
- Almonds (based on yesterday’s test – I passed!)
- Chicken with Italian herbs and orange zest
- Roasted broccoli, carrots, zucchini, onions, with spicy coco sauce
- Mixed greens
- 6am 16 oz dandelion tea
- 7am 16 oz water with lemon
- 12pm 16 oz water with lemon
- 6pm 16 oz water with lemon
- Cream of broccoli for spicy vegetarian
- We take a tennis lesson. No exercise is recommended the first three days which are the cleanse. Your body is supposed to use all of its resources to help detox and heal. For the record, I don’t work too hard at my lesson as it’s very cold.
Breakfast + Lemon for water
Lunch in separate baggies
Lunch all combined
Snack – seems so small and sad but surprisingly is plenty and I’m not hungry!Dinner is first go around with meat. Although it looks covered in cheese, it’s actually orange zest and Italian herbs.